Warnbro CHS is committed to ensuring high levels of attendance for all students. We deal with attendance both proactively and reactively
On a proactive level we:
- Identify the factors that influence attendance such as family issues, mental health issues, engagement and motivation.
- Identify strategies/support for the school and individuals to prevent poor attendance.
- Adopt clear systems and whole school approach to recording and monitoring attendance.
- Encourage a school culture where attendance is a basic expectation for all students and an awareness that processes and support mechanisms are in place where attendance issues arise.
- Publicly reward good attendance
On a reactive level we:
- Respond swiftly with clear consequences for truancy in line with BMIS policy
- Respond swiftly to poor attendance with: case conferences, parental involvement, program alteration, flexible timetable or rewards.
It is a legal requirement for all students to attend school every day.
Download our Attendance Policy below.