Creative Arts Specialist Program
Create, Make, Learn, Share
The Warnbro Community High School, The Arts Learning Area ethos aspires to create, make, learn and share the Art experience.
Through our passion we create and maintain an environment of, enthusiasm for, respect of, and truth in a rich and dynamic artistic practice.
Students from the wider community who join our Creative Arts (CA) Specialist Program will encounter a solid opportunity for self expression and cultural exploration in a safe and nurturing environment.
We promote, under guidance from teachers, risk-taking, investigation and constructive play. Students are required to ask questions of themselves and others while they develop and articulate their values.
Our overall aim is that as a student develops openness to advice and constructive criticism they build an appreciation of the Arts, acknowledging different perspectives and developing a personal aesthetic.
The Creative Arts Specialist Programs will enhance students understanding of arts forms and how they are constructed for different audiences, allowing for the demonstration of higher levels and a direct contribution to the surrounding local and wider community, further embedding The Arts as an area of academic rigour and cultural engagement at Warnbro Community High School.
The academic rigour and challenge of the program comes from four key components:
- Students enrolled in the program gain exposure to a wide range of learning context
- Provision for extension projects is available and facilitated through a number of Special Arts Classes and The Arts Production Company
- Participation in regular authentic rich tasks, as provided in the well established Arts Learning Area’s calendar of events, is expected
- Support in the connecting of interdisciplinary interests of students is foreseen and encouraged through a ‘clustering’ of subject offerings throughout the LA and in the future senior year course choices of these students.
Year 6’s this year have the opportunity to apply for 2020. Applications must be sent in before 12 April 2019. Please call the school for an Application Form.
Creative Arts Students will actively participate in The Arts Production Company through two streams;
- Studio- Visual Arts, Multimedia (Electronic Art) and Media
- Performing- Drama, Dance and Music*
* Because of the nature of the long term skill development required in Music, and the connection to theSchoolofInstrumental Musicprogram, students studying music will comprise one class on their own and have a more general exposure to the other Arts contexts. Students wishing to enter the Creative Arts Specialist Program in Music will need to under go an aptitude listening test.
The Arts Production Company Objectives
The cohort participating in this company benefits from;
- Professional practice (development of ideas, construction of art forms, the publishing or presentation of art forms, and the subsequent reflective process)
- In depth understanding of arts practices
- Academic rigour through enriched tasks
- Offer opportunities into future pathways outside the school
- Team environment
Click here to navigate to the Warnbro CHS Arts Home Page.